Effective March 2, 2021
1. What Personal Information do we collect?
“Personal Information” is any information concerning an identified individual. The Personal Information we collect from may include data such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers, birth date, current and previous employers, current and previous job titles and functions, business affiliations, curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter.
2. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us on the Site in the following ways:
- When you “Contact” us: we collect Personal Information when you provide it to us directly through the “Contact” page on the Site.
- When you sign up for communications: we collect Personal Information when you provide it to us to sign up for our newsletter.
- When you apply for a job: we collect Personal Information when you provide to us as part of your job application.
We also collect certain information from you automatically. For example, we may automatically receive and record in our system the following information:
- your internet protocol (IP) address and location;
- referrer addresses;
- the type and version of your web browser;
- device identifiers including mobile advertising identifiers;
- your operating system; and
- information from your digital services.
We also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information. We use this data to help us administer and operate our Site, to better understand how our users access and interact with the Site, and for security and monitoring purposes. We may also collect information to meet our regulatory obligations. We may send email messages that use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Site. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked, simply do not click text or graphic links in the email.
3. Why do we use your Personal Information?
We process any Personal Information you provide to us for our business purposes (including egal compliance purposes), including:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information you request from us;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Site;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to send you information we believe is relevant to you, such as news, bulletins, marketing materials, job postings, or other information;
- to protect the security of and managing access to our premises, IT and communication systems, online platforms, Site and other systems, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests, including reporting to and/or being audited or investigated by regulatory bodies;
- to comply with court orders and to exercise and/or defend our legal rights;
- to enforce this Policy; and
- for our recruitment, when you apply for a job role with us.
We use aggregated information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behaviour and characteristics of users participating in our Services and the characteristics of visitors at our Site, and may share aggregated information with third parties, including advertisers. We may collect aggregated information through features of the software that supports our Services, through cookies, and through other means described in this Privacy.
4. How do we share and transfer your Personal Information?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as follows:
- Third party service providers. To assist us in running our business and to perform certain services and functions, your Personal Information may be disclosed, stored, and/or transferred (or otherwise made available) to third-party providers of services.
- For legal and compliance reasons. We and our service providers may share your Personal Information to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, such as a warrant, subpoena, or other court order, or to protect against fraud, illegal activity, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable domestic or international laws or legal processes. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- In connection with a corporate transaction. Your Personal Information may be provided to third parties in connection with a business transaction, including a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Melonfrost or as part of a corporate reorganization, or stock or asset sale, or other change in corporate control, including for the purpose of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship. Your Personal Information may also be one of the transferred assets as part of the transaction or bankruptcy. We may also share your Personal Information in the diligence process or to otherwise facilitate any such transaction, and with individuals assisting in the transaction or in connection with a bankruptcy.
- For safety & security. We may reveal your Personal Information to third parties, including law enforcement agencies, in order to protect the safety and security of our users or of any third party.
5. How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your Personal Information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Policy, while we have a legitimate business need to do so in connection with your account, or as required by law, whichever is longer.
6. Links to other sites
7. Social media
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture and gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the Site, plug-in or application.
8. Data security
Melonfrost has put in place commercially-reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personal Information, and we take reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. With that said, there is no such thing as 100% security of the networks, servers, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf. For example, email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Before submitting any Personal Information via the Site, please be aware of these inherent risks and understand that you do so at your own risk.
9. Your rights
In general, you may browse the Site without providing Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information through this Site, we may not be able to provide certain services or process certain of your requests. You will not, for example, be able to apply for a job through the Site. Depending on the functionality associated with the Site feature you are using, you may be able to update or delete certain of your Personal Information on the Site.
Accordingly, at your request, we will take reasonable steps to remove your Personal Information from our databases. However, please note that, we may not be permitted to delete your Personal Information completely, due to regulatory reporting requirements and data backups and records of deletions. If you request deletion of your Personal Information, you may be unable to use certain features of the Site, certain of your Personal Information may remain in our databases following the deletion of your account and we may not be able to remove de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases. Any deletion requests may be sent to email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out of these communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in those emails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that you will not be allowed to opt-out of transactional notices or other legal and related notices concerning your relationship to the Site or your account.
11. Children’s privacy
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly seek to collect or maintain Personal Information or other information from children under the age of 18. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete any Personal Information or other information later determined to be provided by a child under the age of 18. Use of the Site by children under the age of 18 is not permitted.
We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this Policy for changes whenever you visit our Site.
13. California Specific Disclosures
“Shine the Light” Law
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. However, Melonfrost does not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Our Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operates as described in this Policy whether or not a DNT signal is received. If we do so in the future, we will describe how we do so in this Policy.
14. How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we process your Personal Information, or would like to exercise any of your rights, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.